TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THE INTERSTELLAR FACEBOOK CONTEST
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS CONTEST.
- These terms and conditions (“the Rules”) govern the Interstellar Facebook contest (“the Contest”) administered by Hamilton International Ltd., based at Mattenstrasse 149, 2503 Biel/Bienne, Switzerland (“Hamilton,” “we,” “us,” “our”).
- The Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed, or administered by Facebook. All information disclosed is provided to us and not to Facebook. You hereby release Facebook, to the greatest extent legally permissible, from any liability in connection with the Contest.
- Entry is open to anyone aged 18 or over, except for our employees (and their families) and those of our affiliates, our representatives and agents, and anyone else involved in the Contest.
- Only one entry per person will be accepted; automated or repetitive entries are not allowed.
- To enter, “like” the Contest post published on the official Hamilton Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/Hamiltonwatch and answer the following question via the “Comment” function: “What would you take on your INTERSTELLAR journey?”
- We do not guarantee a successful entry in spite of your following the above instructions as entry may be affected by reasons beyond our control.
- The provision of any invalid, incorrect, or misleading personal information may result in disqualification from the Contest and/or receipt of the prize.
- You agree that your answer to the Contest question may be viewed and read by others and warrant that it will not be off-topic, offensive, or otherwise objectionable. We may remove any answer we determine, in our sole discretion, to be inappropriate and disqualify its author from the Contest.
- Incomplete, late, or otherwise faulty entries will not be accepted. We reserve the right to determine, in our sole discretion, if an entry is valid and to disqualify anyone we reasonably believe to be tampering with the entry process, acting in a disruptive manner, or violating the Rules.
- The Contest runs from October 8th, 2014 through to midnight CET on November 30, 2014.
- On December 15, 2014, out of all the valid entries received we will select the 50 most creative ones as the winners.
- Each winner will receive an Interstellar backpack with water-resistant compartments.
- The winners will be notified via email within seven days of the selection.
- If a winner cannot be reached or does not reply within five days of the prize notification, the prize will be assumed to have been forfeited and will be awarded to another entrant.
- To claim the prize, the winners may be required to prove their identity by submitting documents to that effect (e.g., a copy of an ID card).
- The right to claim the prize may not be transferred to anyone else. No cash alternatives or alternative prizes are available. However, we reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to substitute the prize with an item of equal value.
- We reserve the right to select an alternative winner if we reasonably believe that a winner has breached the Rules.
- You agree that we may publish your first name and country of residence on any of our websites (including in the Hamilton section of any third-party websites) and in any of our print publications if you are selected as a winner and that we may send you emails for purposes related to the Contest, subject to your right to refuse such emails at any time.
- The winners will bear any taxes or levies due on the prize.
- Any decisions by us regarding the Contest are final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- We and our affiliates disclaim all liability, to the greatest extent legally permissible, for any damage or loss suffered by anyone as a result of or in connection with the Contest.
- We reserve the right to amend the Rules and to modify, suspend, or terminate the Contest in the event it becomes infected by a computer virus or is otherwise technically impaired.
- Paramount Pictures Corporation and its parents, affiliates, and subsidiaries along with Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. and its parents, affiliates, and subsidiaries are not responsible for the promotion, administration, sponsorship, or execution of the Contest. As consideration for entering the Contest, you agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Paramount Pictures Corporation and its parents, affiliates, and subsidiaries and Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc., its parent, affiliates, and subsidiaries in any action or proceeding from and against all claims, damages, charges, injuries, losses, proceedings, suits, actions (including but not limited to tort actions, product liability actions, wrongful death actions, warranty actions, breach of contract actions, privacy and defamation actions, misappropriation of likeness actions, identity theft, loss of consortium claims), expenses, and attorney fees that they or anyone on their behalf (including but not limited to their heirs, representatives, or next of kin) have or might have for any death, injury, damage or claimed injury or damage arising out of, involving or relating to your participation in the Contest or for your failure to comply with the terms of this release provision.
- The Contest is void where prohibited by law.
- The Rules are governed by and will be construed in accordance with the laws of Switzerland, without regard to any conflict-of-law rules. In the event of any disputes, the parties submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Biel/Bienne, Switzerland.
- If you have any questions about the Contest or if you object to having your personal data used as specified in section 19 above, please contact us at email@example.com.
© 2014 Paramount Pictures © Warner Bros. Ent.